Regional Account Manager - East of England
£30,000 - £35,000
|Type of Vacancy|
|Hours per week|
Salvation Army Trading Company Ltd (SATCoL) was formed in 1991 and our primary aim is to provide The Salvation Army with resources to enhance its Mission. There are a number of divisions under the SATCoL umbrella; Clothing Collection, Charity Shops, Salvationist Publishing and Supplies, World of Brass, World of Sound, Studio Music and R Smith and Company.
The Clothing Collection Division (CCD) is one of the largest clothing recycling operations in the country. Our business continues to see exceptional growth and we have an opportunity for a Regional Account Manager to maintain and develop relationships with local authority, community, civic and local commercial partners for the placement of clothing banks and the donation of stock throughout the East of England
Reporting to the Head of Development, you will grow our partnership base and manage the relationships with existing partners both directly and through the existing development team. Proactively contacting partners to maintain a consistent high level of service delivery, whilst identifying further new local and regional business opportunities is expected.
The Candidate will
• Ensure that annual clothing volumes and value targets are delivered with a partnership mentality and customer centric focus
• Lead tender processes for Local Authority and other relevant opportunities
• Source stock donations from local and regional companies
• Meet with partners to promote the business and new opportunities through presentations, audit findings and other account analysis
• Regularly review the market for collected and donated clothing and develop business cases for new methods/channels to receive donations of good quality clothing and other relevant products
The successful candidate will be able to constantly challenge the way we do things and help continually raise the standard. Experience in managing business relationships, either B2B or B2C is essential in order to maintain long lasting business relationships with our partners. An understanding of the charity sector and/or recycling business is desirable. You will also need to build strong working relationships within and outside the company and be sensitive to the objectives of The Salvation Army.
This is a regional role covering the East of the country. You will be required to attend regular meetings in Wellingborough and further extensive travel will be required.
To apply for the position, please send your CV with a covering letter stating current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full Job Description and Person Specification are available on request.