We all know that while Christmas is a time of togetherness and love, it can also be a time of great spending! If you want to save money without giving up too much, a few changes here and there can make a big difference. Take a look at these hacks for a frugal Christmas
- Get creative with decorations – instead of spending a fortune on brand new decs, you could try handmade decorations – they don’t have to be tricky! Try this cute heart bunting made from reused paper – perfect to hang by windows or to drape on a Christmas tree!
- Save every bite! Rather than throwing away your Christmas dinner leftovers, why not try a new recipe, like this Boxing Day Soup. Or just improvise a Leftovers Sandwich! Add cranberry sauce to a turkey and stuffing sandwich for a fantastic festive lunch
- Keep that paper! Try not to rip your wrapping paper when you open gifts – then you can reuse the wrapping paper next year! Or use it for crafts like these clever Christmas cards
- Get baking! Save money on mince pies by making your own. This recipe is excellent
- Christmas presents don’t have to break the bank. Set yourself a challenge to buy all your Christmas gifts from a charity shop. You’ll be amazed at what you can find! Here are some items found in Salvation Army shops that we think would make excellent gifts this year.
Kids play mat £4.99
Vintage briefcase £9.99
Nike trainers £14.99
Nautical vase £6.99